Online Business Blog
It can be very difficult and expensive to communicate quickly with your clients and prospects. Maybe you need to print something out, or send emails. With Facebook you can spread a message extremely quickly and totally free. The best thing about it is that your Fans/Friends can also share that with their friends.
Facebook have an effective and very affordable advertising system. You can specify exactly what type of person you wish to target, their location, age etc. Then you only pay per click, so you know every penny is being spent wisely. This can be a great way to build brand awareness.
3. Listen to customers
Listening to customers is something we all know we should do, but very often don’t find the time to. With Facebook it is easier to encourage feedback and listen to what your customers are saying. As Facebook is a more relaxed environment you may find that customers will actually tell you the truth!
4. Increase sales
If your customers are receiving communication from you, you are listening to them and responding this will, in the long run, have a very positive effect on sales.
There are currently 17,280 facebook members who live in Gibraltar. Are you speaking to them? Or are your competitors?
Whilst at university our tutors always spoke about doing things differently. Especially when entering a crowded market, you really need to stand out.
A business card can either be a run-of-the-mill throw away item or something rather original and memorable.
Often it is just a simple idea that really makes a difference.
Here are a few articles which show some really great ideas:
There are a number of benefits (taken from UK BusinessLink website)
* improved retention of employees, eg home working can help retain working parents with childcare responsibilities
* a wider pool of applicants from which to recruit, eg disabled people who may prefer to work from home
* possible productivity gains through staff having fewer interruptions and less commuting time
* increased staff motivation with reduced stress and sickness levels
* savings on office space and other facilities
* possible location of sales staff near clients rather than being based in your premises
At the same time it is scary for a business owner to think his employees are in their pijamas playing the Wii instead of hard at work in the office! Obviously there are loads of great tools that can help to make everything easier. Here are some of the best:
- Dropbox - online hard drive where everyone can share data
- Google Docs - Online Office documents
- Skype - Now with multiple video conferencing
- GotoMeeting - online conferencing
- GotoMyPC - remote PC access
Also read: Why its Ok to let my staff work from home.
Please post your comments below.
The trend is changing.
I want to tell a small story of how this is happening and how it can affect your business.
There are two web based businesses that I work closely with. I have never met any of their staff nor have I ever spoken to them on the phone. They are based in the USA and time differences and long flights mean that this is not really viable. But I have come to realise that it is not necessary either.
I found this company by just searching online for a software tool that I use. I visited their site, watched some videos, read the information and signed up for a newsletter with more tips on how to get the most out of the software. These regular tips included videos from their video blog, with personal guides on improving business methods. All this was free and actually incredibly useful and informative.
Over a period of time I became a customer and then began to receive even more information and more personal advice for free. Then I came across their facebook pages and got to see how they run the business and a little more of their real lives.
The strange thing is this, even though I have never met, spoken to, or even emailed the person in the videos I feel like I know him. I refer to him by his first name, I speak about him with other clients and friends. He has become a reliable reference and I like doing business with him.
There is a new type of coffee table and a new way of having lunch and it is a lot more informative, educational, useful and easier for you to manage. Its having a system do a lot of the work for you, it is the only way this person can 'have a coffee' with his 10,000 clients. It is the power of new media, the web and emails. Right now it is still at an early stage but soon this will become the norm.
- Mobile websites are a must
- 6 things that must be on your homepage
- Easy tips to make your emails more effective
- Does good graphic design affect website success?
- How following up on leads will frustrate your competitors.
- Choosing a good business name
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolution for Small Business Owners
- Talk to your IPhone 4S and see what it can do (Video)
- Some ways your website loses sales
- We have moved to new offices, wish they were like Google's - VIDEO
- business cards (1)
- business relationships (4)
- communication (9)
- direct response (6)
- ecommerce (5)
- Email marketing (4)
- employees (2)
- expertise (4)
- facebook (4)
- free shipping (1)
- future (6)
- GFSB (1)
- Gibraltar (8)
- Gibraltar Federation of Small Businesses (2)
- google (1)
- google ranking secrets (4)
- graphic design (2)
- home workers (2)
- internet (13)
- investment (4)
- Iphone (2)
- marketing (13)
- newsletter (2)
- office (1)
- reviews (1)
- seo basics (4)
- Small Business (16)
- spain (1)
- teleworking (1)
- tips (6)
- title tags (4)
- website design (5)
- website real estate (1)