Online Business Blog
Can you afford not to offer Free shipping?
There have been some recent studies that show quite astonishing results:
Nearly 50% of online orders include free shipping.
61% of people are very likely to cancel their order if they do not get free shipping.
Image and stats from comscore.com
Buying online is always supposed to be cheaper than going to a store, however when I buy from a store I never pay shipping, nor do I have to wait to get the item. It is these two concepts that need to be improved in order to make an online store successful. Short delivery periods and free shipping. That is why Amazon Prime is excellent. People pay a low annual fee and get free first class delivery on almost all products.
Small online retailers need to combat this, you can't just sit back and allow your customers to go to Amazon. At the same time couriers are not cheap, and with the rising cost of fuel this isn't likely to change much. What can you do?
The most popular option is to offer Free Shipping on orders over a certain value, and within a specific weight or volume. Basically you have to absorb the cost of shipping, but the increase in orders should be able to outweigh that.
It is worth a try. If you are using one of our Piston Commerce systems it is an easy option to turn on, give it a month and see the difference.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Mobile websites are a must
- 6 things that must be on your homepage
- Easy tips to make your emails more effective
- Does good graphic design affect website success?
- How following up on leads will frustrate your competitors.
- Choosing a good business name
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolution for Small Business Owners
- Talk to your IPhone 4S and see what it can do (Video)
- Some ways your website loses sales
- We have moved to new offices, wish they were like Google's - VIDEO
- business cards (1)
- business relationships (4)
- communication (9)
- direct response (6)
- ecommerce (5)
- Email marketing (4)
- employees (2)
- expertise (4)
- facebook (4)
- free shipping (1)
- future (6)
- GFSB (1)
- Gibraltar (8)
- Gibraltar Federation of Small Businesses (2)
- google (1)
- google ranking secrets (4)
- graphic design (2)
- home workers (2)
- internet (13)
- investment (4)
- Iphone (2)
- marketing (13)
- newsletter (2)
- office (1)
- reviews (1)
- seo basics (4)
- Small Business (16)
- spain (1)
- teleworking (1)
- tips (6)
- title tags (4)
- website design (5)
- website real estate (1)